Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

The Bay Area...Again

So it looks like about once a month we go to the bay area and like always our week books up fast.
Bruce took his first plane ride from Long Beach to Oakland and I could kick myself in the shin 50 times for not taking one stink'n picture. But in my defense, I was flying with a child for the first time AND I was all by myself. Not to mention (I never got this phrase, because whenever you say "not to mention" it means you're going to "mention) Ahem, to "Mention" the plane broke down and we didn't even take off until an hour and an half after we were suppose to land. But we made it, Bruce did great and he got a set of wings that I can put in his baby book.
For the first few days we stayed with Aunt Frances and Uncle Mike, cousin Luke and Ashton. Bruce LOVED Aunt Frances and laughed so hard he pee'd his diaper. He loves her curly hair. Kiel picked us up on Wednesday and we stayed at Omi's the rest of our trip. On Thursday Bruce and I went over to Aunt Katies and we had a "cousin playdate." My cousin Lisa drove from Sacramento with her little girl Leilah (7 months), Frances came with Luke (3 1/2 months) and Ashton (3 1/2 years), so we could play with Katie's children, Micky (5 months) and Jerry (5 yrs). It was great to all get together and play with the babies. I was the last one to FINALLY join the baby club. Of course we talked about breastfeeding, childbirth, wake/sleep schedules and other fun stuff. And then we got the babies together for a photo shoot. I took these pictures below. My cousin is a great photographer, (she was my photographer at my wedding) and she took really good shots of the babies, which I will post separately.


On Friday we visited Omi at her work so she could show off Bruce. Everyone thought he was adorable and kept commenting on how much he looks like a boy. That's also what the nurses said when he was born.
I stopped taking pictures on Thursday so you'll have to suffer with journaling.
Patrice's flock (minus Brigitte, Tyler and Logan *sad face) gathered at her house for conference weekend and Bruce played with his cousin's on Kiel's side of the family. I love watching Mariah who is 3 and Ashton interact with Bruce. They are so gentle, caring and playful. Jack is great too, Bruce, bruce, bruce! And we can't forget little Sydney who is the only baby I have ever known to interact with babies at her age. Most children parrallel play until about 1ish. (How do you like that? My child development class I took 11 years ago still stuck.) This little girl laughs at everything Bruce does, hiccups, sneezes, and staring is all hilarious to her. And when you lay them side by side, she wants to see what Bruce is doing, trys to touch him and so on. It is very entertaining to watch and I am amazed at how developed she is in this area. Of course Bruce is not socially advanced and continues to ignore Miss Sydney.
We all watched conference together, played with the kids and ate really good food.
Unfortanately, Bruced did get a cold from the plane ride that he is still suffering from. Hopefully he gets better soon so he can get shots :D

1 comment:

Brigitte said...

Babies! And I will get another one in 4 short months. Love the pictures!!! I'm glad you all had fun this weekend. Wish we could have been there (Celia too).