Anyway, I'm posting my own menu here. My goal is to feed my family for under $100 a week. This weeks menu cost $87.13. But if you don't have a well stocked pantry it could cost you more. I had most spices except corn starch. Here it is, each title links to a recipe.
- Crock pot BBQ Chicken, with Fresh Green beans cooked in olive oil and seasonings and french bread.
- Slow cooker Parmesan Honey Pork Roast, with mashed potatoes and green and yellow squash.
- Crockpot Chicken Quesadillas, with homemade chips and salsa
- Vegetarian Spaghetti - I try to make a vegetarian meal once a week. This is one I made up. Substitute portabella mushrooms as the meat (if you don't like mushrooms, eggplant is a great substitute as well.
- 1 yellow onion, minced garlic - saute in olive oil until translucent add more olive oil in pan, add 3 chopped portabella mushrooms, salt and pepper and basil. Saute and poor 1 can crushed tomatoes in pan or 1 jar of spaghetti sauce. Done! Serve with green salad.
Saturday and Sunday - I'm out of town this weekend but we usually eat leftovers on Sunday and sometimes on Saturday. Along with serving one vegetarian meal a week I also try and serve fish. Saturday would be our fish day.
The total cost, $87.13 also included snacks and lunch items so the above menu should be cheaper than that. Enjoy!