Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

Candy Corn Craft

Here is the finished project hanging on my door

It is my belief that candy corn is a sorry excuse for a candy, I'm sorry but it's true. I've never liked it. But today I finally found a reason why it exists...to make decorations.



Here is the easy peasy you can do it yourself candy corn wreath...

And the kicker, it cost 3 bucks. I bought a wreath ring at the dollar store and two bags of candy corn. I already had black spray paint at home. I sprayed the wreath ring black and hot glued the candy corn. The orange ribbon was on sale at Michaels, I would prefer black but that wasn't on sale. Wa la done.

I might add some spiders to it but as for now my eyes are dizzy. The best part was, I wasn't tempted to eat one stinkin piece of candy corn, not one.

5 comments:

Brigitte said...

Neat! I can see it now though...

Tyler: What? you're going to use perfectly good candy and turn it into decoration? I'm going to eat the wreath, you know.

I'm with you. Candy corn is blah. Haha.

Brittany said...

That looks fantastic! The only reason Candy Corn should exist.

Melissa Christensen said...

Ha ha! Kiel wanted to eat the candy corn too, so I gave him all of the broken pieces.

Shelley said...

I love candy corn! I would have eaten both bags. That's why I can't buy any... yet! haha!

But this looks really cool. I wish I could have something like that in my house without attracting a billion ants to it.

lisa c. said...

I love it! I eat candy corn when it's around, never buy it purposely, but it calls to me when it's out. But I so wouldn't eat it when glued to a wreath:)