Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

It's been raining at our house. Bruce and I have snuggled in pj's watching movies while Kiel heroically goes off to work. When night falls Kiel comes home after the baby has been tucked away in bed for a couple of hours. The days are smooth, busy and always left with unfinished business for the next day.

Bruce is happy, hungry and tired in 4 hour cycles.

When the clock chimes twelve times in the am my cute little baby that you see in the above picture turns into a gremlin that has been doused with water. Last night we awoke at 12, 1:50, 3:30, 4:20 and 6:50 by which time I finally gave up and turned on the tube. Bruce went back to sleep and I snuggled with him in our bed desperate for some shut-eye of my own. We awoke again at 10.

He greeted me with a smile and his legs did a happy dance and just like that he made the night worth it.

I used to be a 10 hour sleep person. The days were unbearable if I didn't get at least 8. I was never a morning person.

Motherhood has changed all of that. I miraculousy survive with only 4 hours a night. I have strength to take care of someone else while I feel under the weather myself.

There is something about us that physically changes when we become mothers and it's not just having extra fat on our bones; it is something much, much more.

No comments: