Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

What do You do When You Get Together?

We take PICTURES!

(of people taking pictures)


Beth, Sarah and I had fun in the sun in San Diego and went Wedding Dress (I know wedding dress isn't normally capitalized but I find it as such great importance that it should be, just as Babies and Puppies should be as well) shopping. Now is the part I mention whose getting married but it's not official yet, so mums the word. Beth or Sarah, that is the question.

Here we are basking in the sun, enjoying each other's company and talking about things that ONLY girls talk/think about.




We also did a mini photo shoot in our bathing suits while we were on the beach but they are too embarassing to post so I will just post one of Beth.

The mini photo shoot is a favorite past time. Something I would do with my sisters and cousin, whenever we got our hands on a camera. We would run upstairs, pick out our outfits (you always needed more than one) and Frannie and I would ask my older sister and cousin to do our make up and hair. We would then scope out our scenery to see what shots would look best (creative directing at such a young age, no wonder) and work on our pose. Of course that was the time we didn't have digital so our shots HAD to be perfect. We only have 35 shots, that's 5 shots each, make it good. I would try my best to look like a super model, stretch out my neck and try to pretend that my long dangly monkey arms and skinny bird legs were an asset. We would anxiously wait until our dad got home from work so he could take us to 1 hour photo and we could begin the process of elimination. I actually still have a few of those photos, me trapped in my 9 year old body even though I was 15, trying to pose like Cindy Crawford but only to replicate what could be nothing more than an awkward milk carton picture. A few of those pictures turned up in our most recent shoot, except I look older than 15.

As you may notice Kiel was not with us, it only took two words: wedding dress, and he was all of a sudden feeling "under the weather." So I went by myself to hang with my posse.

Something I haven't done in awhile and it felt as good as a water fight on a hot summer day!