Pages

Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Day Real Life Happened

For the past 5 months Kiel and I have been living a dream. We talk about it all the time. About how life is being so good to us and how spoiled we are. We live right on the beach, we both have nice paying jobs and in this economy that should be enough, and we love married life. We have so much freedom to travel and do whatever we want. We are planning an amazing vacation in June. It's been great :D

Then something happened...I got really bad PMS. It was the longest PMS of Kiel's life and has yet to go away. I noticed I was cranky when Kiel pointed out something "funny" I did.

"Hey, you washed my hat."

"No I didn't, you're the one who did the laundry." I snapped back, already angry

"But you're the one who sorted it."

"So, you put it in the washer"

"Babe, it's okay I'm not mad"

And then I lost it. Seriously, lost it. I was yelling at the top of my lungs while scrubbing the counters and throwing dishes in the sink. "Of course you're not mad and if you WERE mad you should be mad at YOURSELF." I turned around to find I was yelling at the walls. I knew I was acting crazy but I couldn't get a handle on it. The following weekend wasn't that bad because we were in the bay area but once we got back to our humble abode so did crazy woman. It's like I'm possessed.

Monday, 7 p.m., Melissa gets home 7 minutes before Kiel. Thought bubble "awesome, I think I'll watch a little t.v. before I make dinner, but first I have to go to the bathroom"

Melissa on the pot, Kiel walks in: "You better light a candle in there" he hollars and proceeds to turn on his video game. I yell "Babe, I get dibs on the t.v. for 30 minutes" but he can't hear me.

"Babe, I wanted to watch 30 minutes of t.v. before I cook dinner"

"Why?"

"Because I want to relax for a minute"

"Cook dinner, then you can relax"


It took all of me not to jump on him. I just glared, if my head could detach and spin like the exorcist it would have.

He must have sensed I wasn't thinking good thoughts because he turned off his game and let me watch my show. After dinner Kiel mentioned that my PMS was lasting much longer than usual. Well, it's only been a week I protested.


But then I thought about it, it's been longer than a week. It's been about two weeks and as it turns out it will be the longest PMS both of us will have to endure.


That's right folks, we won't be taking our vacation anytime soon.

4 comments:

Lisa Renee said...

Are you prego???? Are you? Are you?

Marc said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited, I'm holding out for a May 16th delivery date, then you could name the baby after me Marcie for a girl (or my middle name Leann, I'm not picky) or if it's a boy Marc, so many choices!

Pikula's said...

Well look at that!!! Yeah, when are you due, what are all the details??? Let me know if you need anything!!

The Jorgensen's said...

Congrats! I saw that you have a blog on your facebook page and am glad I checked it out. Being a mom is the greatest!