Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Blog Over

A conversation I had with my company's PR firm.

"Kim, I want my blog to be famous!"

"You do?" she chuckles to let me know she doesn't take me seriously.

But I stand there, then I laugh. "Yes" I say, not knowing why. But I do. Oh, who am I fooling, I just want to be famous and if it's my blog that will get me there then so be it. I love Famous.

Then Kim gives me Hope. "Let me look at it" she says, I will let you know if you have potential.

She gets back to me quickly, "Your blog is really cute and sweet, but it's not you!"

I laugh, taking it as an insult but also knowing she was right.

"You need to tell stories, and put in your sense of humor"

That's how The dog story evolved. A story about my relationship on my "relationship blog" seemed appropriate even if it ran a little long. But now I'm stuck. Most of my visitors, although I don't know who some of them are:

(Who are you Oakland California and Mesa Arizona? Whoever you are, thanks for coming.)

Are interested in pictures and mini updates, am I right? Or am I wrong?

So please bare with me as I try to make this transformation and struggle to make the post that will be The post. That will be the day that Kiel will no longer tease "Did you make your million dollar post yet?" and he will then apologize for not taking my goal seriously and proceed to ask me to buy him a ferrari.

No comments: