Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Oak Glen and a 5k All in One Day

Saturday was a busy day for the Christensens that live in SoCal, but none of us were as busy as Steve Jordan, Kiel's brother in law. Friday night we drove to Yucaipa to stay at the Jordon's so we could get up early the next morning and run in the 5k/Triathalon that Steve put together. Shelley, my sister in law, watched Rhyan and Bruce so Kiel and I both could run. Bless her heart she had four kids four and under to watch all at the same time.

It was a lot of fun to run together. Kiel stayed back and waited for me, since I am really out of shape. Steve did a great job putting everything together, poor guy, I have never heard a name called so many times in just an hour. The only thing I will say is, Steve I don't think it was a true 5k because i finished in 28minutes and there is no way I was running faster than 10 minute miles (I was probably doing 13min miles.) Kiel and I want to run in the Crafton Hilltop Challenge every year! I do not dare post the picture of us after the run but is surfacing on certain blogs and on facebook, if you're interested. (I actually don't care I'm just too lazy to copy the picture and load it on here.)

After the run we had breakfast at the Jordan's and went to Oak Glen to pick pumpkins, berries and apples. It turns out the apples and berries were all gone so we let the kids run around and check out the pumpkins.

Above is the one and only shot of us four. Mariah did my hair do you like it?


And finally a good shot of the cousins! Whenever I try and take a picture of them, Bruce is running away, Jack refuses to look at the camera and Mariah says Cheeese.

Here are more pictures of us gallivanting around at Oak Glen.






After lunch we headed home so Bruce could nap. I napped too. It was a day filled with fun!

3 comments:

Shelley said...

In the last picture is kiel mid-sunflower-seed-spit? Ha, thats funny.

lisa c. said...

My favorite is that last photo...good look kiel! It was all fun to see everyone and be up there together!

Melissa Christensen said...

HA! yep I got him mid sun flower seed spit!