Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween from the Christensen's


Rhyan the wicked witch of the west, Melissa a cowgirl with out a cowboy hat, Kiel a wall street protester and Bruce the cowardly lion.

I wanted to do a Wizard of Oz theme for our family this Halloween but the only two that stuck to the theme were Bruce and Rhyan. I ordered Bruce's Lion costume on Amazon and it came 2 hours before we needed to go to our wards trunk or treat party. I opened it up and it couldn't be any cheaper. The fabric shed everywhere and the inseam ripped after an hour of Bruce playing in it. I Ordered a 12 - 18 month size which is obviously too small. Poor Bruce had a wedgie the entire night. Oh well, I guess that's what I get trying to buy the cheapest lion costume. Luckily, Rhyan's costume was free. She borrowed her cousin Mariah's very first Halloween costume and pulled it off quite nicely. I just couldn't justify spending $80 on costumes for both me and Kiel so I bought Kiel a red bandanna for $1 (I'm still not sure why I did this) and he made a costume out of it. I wore cowboy boots and called myself a cowgirl.

Daddy helping Bruce with his costume:

I really wanted to get a picture of Bruce and Rhyan together but Bruce was being impossible.

So we decided individual pictures would have to suffice:

At the trunk or treat Bruce loved the trunks with the scariest decorations. Probably because they lit up and made noise. He ran around everywhere and at times was very hard to keep track of.


Saturday we went to Yucaipa and visited Aunt Shelley and Uncle Steve and cousin Mariah and Jack. Bruce had a blast playing with his cousins and they all got along nicely. We went to their ward trunk or treat party and it was a lot of fun. Bruce's favorite treat: A toothbrush. There was a trunk handing out toothbrushes and Bruce wanted us to open it immediately. He loves toothbrushes so this was a perfect treat.

After the party Shelley and I spent time on a craft project once all of the kids were in bed. Steve helped us a lot. I can't go into much detail but it turned out really cute. Pictures to post after Christmas!

Well both my children collected enough loot for us to last a couple weeks so we won't be going out tonight. My kids need to make their bedtime tonight since they've been going to bed late the entire weekend.

Happy Halloween!

No comments: