Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2011

My birthday weekend

I had the best weekend! I guess I will start in order.

My birthday was on a Friday, and since I work Mon - Thurs. I decided we needed to get out of the house or Bruce was going to kill us all. So I rounded up the clan and headed to Chuck E. Cheese. (P.s. does anyone know what the E. stands for? Why is Chuck so secretive about his middle name?) My friend Cambria and her two kiddos also decided to join us it was great fun. Plus, Bruce is at the BEST age for this place. You know why? He was completely FREE. The kid was so mesmerized by the games and flashing lights, he didn't need any tokens. I had a coupon for 10 free tokens and he used two. I spent 5 bucks at this place for an unlimited salad bar and drink. Bruce loved the salad bar.
Chuck E. or (hey Chuck do you mind if I call you Chuck?) Chuck came out and said Hi to the kids, I was very interested to see Bruce's reaction and the kid was fearless. He ran right up to the GIANT mouse with GIANT teeth and gave him high fives, asked to be held up so he could grab Chuck's nose and head butt his cheeks. (I seriously need to work on this head butting issue.)

After more play time, it was time to go home for nap time. And if you are wondering where Rhyan is, she's sleeping in her stroller, like always when we are on outings.
While the babies napped, I got ready for my hot date! Catalina Kitchen at Terranea Resort offers you a free surf and turf dinner if you dine in on your actual birthday. That's a $48 value folks! I couldn't pass up the free lobster tail and filet mignon so we made a reservation, asked my friend Cambria to babysit so we could leave BOTH kids and enjoyed ourselves. This place is gorgeous! It's a twenty minute drive through the cliffs with the ocean on one side and giant mansions on the other. A very beautiful drive.

While we were there, Bruce was well taken care of. Don't worry our sitter didn't whack him on the cheek that's his eczema flaring up ;)
And for fun, I included a pic of another Friday adventure we had last week. Here's Bruce dancing at Pretend City.

After dinner we walked around the resort a little bit and then headed home. It was a wonderful evening; the food was amazing, the weather was perfect and my date was REALLY hawt!

The next morning we took the kiddo's to the pumpkin patch. Again Bruce is the perfect age because he can't go in the jumper and is happy walking around and throwing pumpkins (Bruce we don't throw, it's not a ball, Bruce, no, no.) Okay so maybe he's not the perfect age but if you're not careful you could really do some damage to your bank account at these places. We walked out of there with two pumpkins. We spent 5 bucks, 2 dollars for grain to feed the animals and 3 dollars on two pumpkins. The larger pumpkins we didn't buy at the pumpkin patch, instead it was buy 1 get 1 free at Vons and I jumped on that deal. Thirty dollars for a pumpkin? Is it filled with gold? NO? O.k forgetta 'bout it. (read the last sentence with an italian accent, it's fun.)
My name is Bruce and I need shades, but I won't keep them on my face, so forgetta 'bout it. (read the three last words with a baby gibberish accent.)


He had so much fun feeding the animals, and I got a million pictures but just posted a few. I think he knows how to communicate with the lambs because he would walk right up to them and give them a solid head butt. (Bruce, stop that. I can't sanitize your forehead because of your sensitive skin. I said no, no...whatever.)
Before we left, Bruce picked out a pumpkin for himself and for his sister. And again, Rhyan was asleep the whole time. I thought it was amusing that he picked out a big and little pumpkin, just perfect ;)


Here is our pumpkin family: Daddy, mommy, Bruce and Rhyan.
Lastly, I have to post a picture of my bling. Kiel completely surprised me on my birthday gift. I asked for a gift certificate at Nordstrom and instead he surprised me with this beauty. It took a minute for me to get used to the size. But I absolutely love it, it's at the jewelers right now getting sized. Thanks babe! Well that about does it. A perfect weekend and not one picture of Rhyan because she was sleeping the whole time ;) I can't believe the year is almost over and this is Bruce's second round of holidays.

1 comment:

Brigitte said...

Sounds like some really fantastic family time!!