Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Rhyan's Blessing Weekend

Here we are, a family of four! I still can't believe it.
This weekend, Rhyan was blessed by her father and almost everyone came down and some came up to witness her blessing. Here is a picture of the whole gang minus my dad, Frances and her two children, who mysteriously went missing during picture time.

Here is the princess in her blessing outfit. The picture doesn't do her dress justice, it was, well, A LOT of dress. Family started rolling in on Thursday night and by the time Saturday came, everyone was here. Kiel's side of the family spent the day at the beach and I stayed home to make dinner for everyone and take care of Bruce and Rhyan. All of the cousins played really well together and it was fun to have a very loud house and watch them play.

After the blessing on Sunday, everyone came over again and we had a BBQ. We also celebrated all of the September birthdays and there are a lot of them in our family. After another busy day, most everyone packed up and started heading home that night or the next morning.

The Browns and Celia met us for breakfast at Rubys Monday morning and then we played at the park before they headed back to Utah. The only family left was my mom and aunt. We did some shopping, got frozen yogurt and later that evening we took them for a drive on Palos Verdes Blvd, so they could see the sunset.

I love where we live. I also love my husband. I love that he is a priesthood holder and can bless his beautiful children. I love my children so much I would die for them. I am so grateful for this weekend and for everyone who spent time and money to celebrate this special day with us. It was so much fun, I just wish I could have visited a little bit more and been a better hostess. (Special thanks to those that stepped up and helped.) Instead I spent most of the time feeding my little girl who probably gained ten pounds this weekend, she is a p - i - g!

I also wish I got more pictures, but thanks to Brittany we got some really good family shots!

2 comments:

Shelley said...

That was a great weekend! Thanks for everything!

Brigitte said...

That really is a fantastic picture!! We had so much fun! Thanks for going out to breakfast with us -- I'm still thinking about those amazing cinnamon roll french toasts.

And you were a fabulous hostess by the way. Really great weekend.

I want your lasagna recipe.