Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2011

My Babies

Here they are, playing together nicely ;) Bruce loves his little sister and even though we will never leave them alone together (not yet, anyway) he has proven to us that he can be in her space without putting his hands on her. He's very sweet with her now.

Bruce turned 16 months last week and celebrated with his first ear infection. We put him on antibiotics and towards the end I noticed a rash starting to develop on the inside of his legs. We went back to the doctor and Bruce is allergic to Amoxicillin. This was the first time we ever had to put him on antibiotics hopefully we do not have to do it often. Bruce, Rhyan and myself are now fighting a brutal cold that hopefully ends soon. The kids are handling it better than mommy, I think my immune system is down from lack of sleep and exercise so this cold is kicking my butt.

I went to CVS to get a few things for my cold and they had Halloween stuff out, I bought Bruce his trick or treat bucket and the next morning he asked for it and has been playing with it every since. I try and have practice runs with him, he knows how to say "teet" for "treat" and then I throw a beanie baby in his bucket. I hope he will do it when we really go trick or treating.

He has added "kitty," "keys," "d for down" and "out" to his vocabulary. He is constantly telling stories, and chattering away. He is hardly ever quiet and when he is it's because he's doing something he's not suppose to or pooping. Whenever he's hungry (which is always) he comes to me and signs the word "more" and then waits for me to follow him to the kitchen. And then I have to guess on which item he wants more of. This can be quite the game. He gets frustrated after awhile, if I don't guess right. But sometimes it's odd things like, the salt shaker or BBQ sauce. All I can say, is this kid is funny. Bruce loves to go outside and go for walks, or help dad take out the trash and get the mail. He is currently obsessed with my candles and constantly takes them out of my room and arranges them in his room on top of his night stand, or whatever that thing is called. He puts them from smallest to tallest in one single row and then carries them back to my room and then stacks them on the shelf again, he does this over and over and over again. If I see the candles in his room I take them out and the first thing he does is take them back. I hope this isn't his first sign of hoarding.

Rhyan is more alert and loves to look around. Her head is all over the place. She smiles now and coos. She is such a peaceful baby. She doesn't really cry. When she's hungry, she just lets out a few snorts and that's how she lets me know she's hungry. Night time has become more peaceful as well. I had to re-read some of my favorite books that helped me with Bruce and freshen up on my techniques. During the day Rhyan is around noise all of the time but at night it is quiet and hard for her to settle down. Kiel added an app called baby sounds to my phone and we play the hair dryer noise next to her ear all night. That has helped alot! I also make her stay awake more during the day, at least an hour from the time she wakes up. This includes a feeding, burping and some play time. She yawns twice and I wrap her up and put her back to bed. She falls asleep on her own, which is really nice. I make her nap when Bruce naps so I get a break to do stuff around the house and take a shower.

I have a new calling for church. I am second counselor in primary. Last Sunday was the first Sunday we went the full 3 hours since Bruce was born. We have a tough 3 hour block that interferes with nap time. Bruce was excellent in primary, he even sat down next to a few kids while they were singing songs. Sacrament meeting; however, was awful. Kiel ended up driving around the parking lot so Bruce could nap. Needless to say, church will be really hard when Kiel starts his old work schedule again.

Here are a few interesting facts: In one month we go through 900 wipes, 536 diapers and 3 gallons of milk ;) Bruce only uses 186 diapers out of that 500! Rhyan is a pooping machine! I couldn't imagine our diaper bill if we had more than two kids in diapers.

No comments: