Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Lightening the Load

Things have been crazy lately. Those days of browsing the internet while Bruce is playing with his toys are over. He seriously gets mad if he sees me on the computer and I don't blame him. The problem is any downtime I have I use it to sleep. So a few things needed to go and the first thing is my job. My boss is giving me more time to acclimate and hopefully I'll be able to pick it up again in a month. It really is a nice gig and we all need extra moola (who doesn't? I need a brand new wardrobe.) The second was Montana, Frances is keeping him at her house for a little while. He just wasn't getting the attention that he deserves and he is getting the royal treatment at Fran's house, lucky dog. I miss the safety net I felt when Montana was around, especially when Kiel worked nights but I do have to say it has been a relief not having to worry about him.

A couple weeks ago Bruce was head butting everything. And in the above picture his bruises are from head butting the concrete. His Dr. told me he won't head butt anything too hard that will cause brain damage, so ummm, I guess I shouldn't worry? She also told me this is how Bruce is adjusting to his new environment and it's normal. (Really!?! how is this normal?) But fortunately things have already improved. Bruce is much gentler with Rhyan, he sees us burping her a lot so he mimics us and pats her back and sometimes smacks her head (we're working on that.) He no longer grabs at her although he still tries to get her nose. Instead of taking the pacifier out of her mouth he tries to put it in when she's crying. It's really cute, he says "baby, baby, baby" as he tries to comfort her. He is, however; taking his aggression out on me by biting me if I can't pick him up right away because I am holding Rhyan or if I was on the computer working. I thought we got rid of the biting problem but it is back and in full force. I actually got really mad yesterday and tried to give him a time out for it - LOL, I laugh at myself for this one because I know it didn't work. He's too young to understand the concept and as proof he got off the couch right away and bit me even harder. (What a stinker!)

Rhyan is quite the butterball and does not look like a newborn anymore. She fits in 6 month sizes along with 3 - 6 month sizes. She is a true joy to have around. Such a lovely baby during the day and at night she turns into a gremlin. Things are getting better, I've noticed and I have yet to cash in on her prescription. If we can get through this without using medication that's what I prefer to do. But I also do not want her to be in pain where medication would have been a huge relief.

Kiel is doing great with his physical therapy, he's enjoying his birthday presents and I think he is really bored at work. Well we are off to a birthday party. Mariah is 4, we can't believe how grown up she looks. Go Mariah!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Its a good thing we have blogs to communicate... we haven't been able to really chat the last couple times we've gotten together. Thanks for coming out to the party and for posting the pictures!