Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

9 - month milestone




Bruce is 9 months old today!


He did great at his check-up. He is 29 and 1/4 inches tall. Weighs 20lbs and 2 ounces. Head circumference is 46.7 cm. His heights is in the 90th percentile. Weight and hc are in the 50th percentile. His hemoglobin was 11.6, which I'm told is normal. We passed on the shot today because he has a cold.

Bruce has been suffering from a cold since Friday and it's a bad one. When he's sick he doesn't like me to leave his side even when I give him a bath. So yes, I get in the tub with him. The other night he wanted to be rocked the entire night. So that's what I did. He slept and I rocked. If I stopped and tried to lay him in his crib he would wake up and cry and wouldn't let go of my t-shirt. That is when I wished we had a rocking chair that reclined. But this too shall pass. He normally loves baths and kicks his little legs with excitement when I put him in there. And he usually never sleeps anywhere but his crib. Last night was much better, he slept 13 hours in his own bed.

Bruce is doing great developmentally. He plays patti cake and claps his own hands. Waves bye bye (kinda, it's more like an open/close with his hand.) Is really good at entertaining himself. Everyday we have roomtime where bruce plays in his room by himself. We are suppose to work this up to 30 minutes and Bruce is at 20 minutes. Of course his room is trashed by the end of roomtime but it is still a very good skill to develop. He mimics us very well. If I laugh, he laughs and if I cry he starts to cry (a mean trick, but I can't help but find it funny.)

He is becoming quite a momma's boy and follows me everywhere. Kiel and I can ask him to come to his room or to where ever we are in the house and he will come. I can say "come on Bruce let's go change your diaper" and he will crawl to his bedroom and sometimes beat me there. He understands the words "baba," "bath," "doggie" and "dada." He also knows these phrases and will do them when we ask "lay down," "hands down," "come here," "get down" and "no."
He helps me get him dressed by putting his arms through his shirt sleeves and undressed by pulling his shirt over his head once I have his arms out of the sleeves.
Bruce has been able to pull himself to a stand ever since he started crawling but did not know how to get back down. Now he can get down by himself. Whenever he stands, jumps or "walks" it is always on his toes. He has yet to stand flat footed. I asked his Dr. about this today and she said I do not need to be alarmed just yet. But if this persists by his 12-month check up we will need to do a brain test. I guess some babies can't sense if they are on their toes or flat footed. I'm sure Bruce will stop being twinkle toes by 12 months and I work with him every day. But whenever I make him stand flat footed he props back on his toes...crazy kid.

He loves electronics, wires and lotion bottles. He loves to be read too, whenever he gets injured I read him a book and it calms him down. He loves, loves, loves music and to hear people sing (except me) but I don't blame him, I sound horrible. He is fascinated by babies, little kids and adults. Babies make him laugh and get him really excited. Painted toe nails intrigue him and whenever we are in relief society at church he crawls around to all the ladies that wear open toed shoes and have painted nails. He then gives you a little tickle and tries to lick your toe...I know gross, but the ladies don't mind it.




Bruce is now eating finger foods! He loves puffs, unsalted soda crackers and grated cheese. He hates anything banana flavored, including banana flavored puffs. He's a good eater but also knows what he likes. He doesn't mind room temperature food but hates anything cold. I have to warm it up to room temp. He hates cold water as well and cries every time he puts his hand in cold water.

He's an excellent sleeper. He sleeps 10 - 12 hours at night and takes 2 two hour naps.

He has eight teeth now! Four on top and four on the bottom.

And lastly he has said a couple words but hasn't said them since so I'm beginning to think it was a fluke. When I was feeding him in his high chair Kiel took the dog outside to go potty. A couple minutes later we heard whistling and Bruce looked up at me and said "dada." Kiel whistles all the time and Bruce loves it, so I thought he associated the whistling with his dad. And he does say "dada" all the time but doesn't necessarily mean it for Kiel. Then a couple days later, I told Bruce to go to the doggie and Bruce repeated "doggie" clear as day. Then he went and patted Montana on the head and said "doggie" two more times. But he hasn't said it since. They were still exciting moments even if they are flukes.

Well i've said a mouthful, hopefully you feel like you know him better!

No comments: