Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

What we've been up to


Bruce loves playing with his dad. He is almost able to crawl over him but not quite yet. Thankfully we can continue to use Kiel's body as a barricade between Bruce and the open door. I really should ask our landlord for a screen, especially since it's 80 degrees in the middle of January.

We saw the Jordans yesterday. Bruce had fun playing with his cousins Mariah and Jack. Jack liked to play his car set in front of Bruce but did not like Bruce touching his cars. Thankfully Mariah shared her tea set and Bruce was content. We decided we need to get him some hot wheels and I guess some pretty ponies (just kidding.)

This afternoon we ate sandwiches at the pier and the water was a beautiful blue. I love where we live, if only we could afford a $1.5 million home and we'd be set!

Bruce is getting cuter by the minute and babbling up a storm. He says dadadada and babababa a lot. Which is a change from gagagaga gagoo. Unfortunately he loves to crawl to the dog food and I feel like I'm training myself as much as I'm training him. It's hard to remember all of the ordinary things that need to be put away because they are not baby proof. I've decided I need to start my own company that makes baby toys that they will actually play with. None of these toys will be bright colors, play music and flash lights. Bruce could care less about that stuff. Instead we would make fake blu ray players, fake cords they can chew on and fake remote controls. And all the color black since that is what draws B's attention. We've also had a close call and an accident this week ;(

The other day when Montana, Bruce and I were walking to the grocery store I had to stop to pick up Montana's poop. So like an idiot I wrapped Montana's leash around the stroller handle so I could have two free hands. Montana pulled the stroller over so he could smell a tree. Luckily Bruce's head didn't hit the cement and he was protected by the stroller but it gave him and me quite a scare and caused the whole neighborhood to come out and see what had happened to the screaming baby. After a good look over and with help from my neighbors we were able to calm Bruce down and continue our journey. Then the next day Bruce rolled over twice and smacked the table leg with his forehead. That accident left his first real bruise. The horrible thing was, I was sitting right there. Oh well, Bruce is our guinea pig child and we are definitely learning A LOT!

Tomorrow is his 8 month birthday! Hoorah!

No comments: