Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

I'm Venting...about church

So don't stand next to me during a lightening storm.

First, let me say I love church. I love getting dressed up as a family and being together on the sabbath. I love seeing everyone, worshiping and getting my spiritual fuel for the week. That being said, our 12:30 - 3:30 time slot has GOT - TO - GO.

Not only is it the worst possible time for all children 3 and under (and for their parents) our sacrament is at the end. Can we say serious melt downs? Bruce yelled as loud as he could (and we all know, he yells LOUD) through the entire closing prayer. In fact all the kids were screaming through the entire closing prayer. And IT was the LONGEST closing prayer of my life. Seriously, it was a long closing prayer. Again, don't stand next to me during a lightening storm.

As soon as church was over, Kiel threw Bruce in his car-seat and RAN, yes RAN out of the chapel, to avoid all chit chat, tripped down the stairs but quickly recovered and strapped Bruce in the car faster than I could say "wait."

Once I caught up, I said, "Geeze babe, you act like we have to go to the ER or something."
He responded, "We will, if we don't get outta here."

Then we took a quick second to let out a large sigh. As if to say, I can't believe we made it through and I can't believe we will have to do this EVERY Sunday.

But then Bruce started screaming again and Kiel hit the gas. The boy slept until 7:45pm.

It wouldn't be so bad if Sacrament was at the beginning. Bruce would have just woken up from his morning nap, eaten lunch and be ready to listen. He loves the music and the speakers.

Oh well, I think I just discovered my New Year resolution: make it through Sundays.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

I feel your pain... actually I don't this year but I did last year. But it sounds like you really got it worse though. Sacrament meeting last would be terrible. Now we understand why people bring so many cheerios to church. Good luck.

The Jorgensen's said...

That is the worst time slot! Good luck this year!