Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

8 months



Bruce turned 8 months old yesterday! We can't believe it. He has progressed so much this past month I don't know where to begin. I guess I will start with the quirky things that make him his own character.
Bruce loves the following:
  1. Getting his boogers sucked out from the green bulb. I kid you not, the child holds perfectly still so I can bulb his nose and smiles as it suctions.
  2. Getting the outside of his ears wiped with a Q-tip. He can be 1 second from a melt down and I whip out a q-tip and clean the outside of his ears he immediatley becomes calm and quiet. It's an amazing site to watch.
  3. Having the top of his head brushed. He enjoys this and his head scratched both have his eyes roll to the back of his head in utter enjoyment.
  4. Getting his teeth brushed. He laughs every time.
  5. Getting his feet licked by the dog, again he laughs every time.

He's a funny guy and moves at a rapid pace. As you already know he's crawling but he also army crawls still. He pulls himself up to reach things. He jabbers all of the time. He's practicing his pincer grasp. And today he clapped his hands! I clap my hands everytime he listens to the word no and today he did it back. It was so cute. A sloppy clap but a clap none the less that he did over and over and over again. We are now working on waving bye - bye. The word "no" is hard for him to understand. I don't think he gets it quite yet. But we are working on it.

Bruce is such a daddy's boy. As soon as his dad walks into the room no one else exists. He crawls over to him all the time. Mainly to play with the latest toy his dad has.

His next appointment isn't until his 9 month checkup. So we will see what he weighs then!

No comments: