Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Guy time, family time and lot's of drivng time...

For the past five days we've been hanging with...well, all of you!

Kiel wanted to go to Utah for some quality male bonding. I wasn't there but I'm sure it consisted of a lot of conversations with the word "dude" used over and over and over again, fast food and secret handshakes. The only part I'm sad I missed is when Kiel got to see Bruce's newest cousin, Erica Allison Brown. She is a doll, wouldn't you agree? She and Bruce are nose twins!

While Kiel was doing his "man" time. Dude, Bruce and I made a trip to the bay area to see friends and family. On the way there we broke up the drive to two nights. We stayed the night in Fresno with my friend Joanna and her beautiful family. The next morning I packed up and drove two and half more hours to Oakley, where the Allens reside.

Bruce had a blast playing with all of his cousins. Luke and Bruce play really well together. We were able to see Katie, Mickey and Gerry for a day. Bruce LOVED Katie. He's great with people, doesn't mind strangers and mostly loves men with deep voices. Friday night, Omi and Opa watched Bruce while I had sister time. Bruce played with his cousin Sydney that night and Saturday morning. Last, Bruce , Luke and Avril had a play date at Aunt Diane's. Unfortunately, Bruce's nap time got in the way of play time.

Can you tell we all look like our daddies?

I was able to have fun as well. I saw my friends Sarah, Marci and Rachel on Wednesday. Thursday my friend Jenn finally met Bruce. Bruce went to his first "white table cloth" restaurant and behaved very well. Friday I went to dinner with Frances and Katie, minus the children and had much needed adult conversation. Saturday, Frances hosted a family dinner and everyone on my side of the family was there. When Sunday finally came around it was time to pack up and go home. We stopped in Dublin to have breakfast at my dads and then we were back on the road.

It was a rainy drive home so Montana ended up sitting in the front passenger seat next to me the whole drive home. He made it hard to see out of my passenger side mirror but other than that it was a cozy drive. Bruce slept most of the way which made it easy. He is a really good traveler. Unfortunately, every time we travel he brings back a virus. So today I've been taking care of a cranky baby with a low grade fever and a bad diaper rash. Poor guy. He has a Dr.'s appointment tomorrow for his rash. I hope it goes away soon.

This morning we picked up Kiel from the airport and Bruce has been saying "dada" and "daddy" all day. I'm not sure if this counts as his first word but Kiel says it does.

Well, that was our "mini" vacation in a nutshell and once again I didn't take very many pictures.

No comments: