Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Two Babies

Yesterday, I watched my friend Cambria's daughter while she tutored a few students.

Preslee is ten days younger than Bruce and if the parents had it their way we would arrange for Bruce and Preslee to get married.

As soon as Preslee got dropped off I put both babies in Bruce's crib to play. They both were laughing and playing with each other nicely. I needed to go to the garage to grab the porta-crib so I plopped Bruce down on the floor and left Preslee in the crib. Preslee stood up so she could see Bruce and Bruce stood up on the other side and looked up at her. They continued to laugh. It was very cute.

After I got the crib I let them both roam around in Bruce's room. They tackled each other, and laughed some more. Then they both raced down the hallway to tag team the very tired Montana who laid in the middle of the living room floor. Bruce yanked on his ears while Preslee pulled his tail. Both laughing the whole time.

Then it was time for naps. I put Bruce down first, after all he's mine and the easiest. Then I worked on Preslee. She took a little longer but I managed and she fell asleep in the porta-crib.

I was able to get some piece and quiet for about twenty minutes and then Preslee woke up. Five minutes after that Bruce woke up. Both woke up tired and cranky. Both wanted to be held at the same time and both did not want me holding the other one. So both screamed for ten minutes. I picked up Bruce and put him back down and told him to go back to sleep. I then picked up Preslee who was at my feet and Bruce gave me his pouty lip. He only gives me this when I hurt his feelings and of course I felt horrible. That look is heart breaking especially when I'm the cause.

Fortunately he did go back to sleep after ten minutes and I was able to entertain Preslee until her mom came back. But for a couple of minutes, I thought, how am I ever going to do this for 24 hours straight?

And then I look at this video and think, it will be hard but also fun...

3 comments:

lisa c. said...

Oh My Goodness!!!!! This video is SOOOO cute! I love it!

lisa c. said...

Oh My Goodness!!!!! This video is SOOOO cute! I love it!

The Jorgensen's said...

So cute! That video reminds me of Megan and her cousin Ava at that age. They are only three weeks apart and have loved each other since they were babies.