Pages

Thursday, October 29, 2009

I've Been Reorganized

Let me start off by saying..."I'm thankful I have a job, I'm thankful I have a job, I'm thankful I have a job."

Last month at my company there were all types of rumors going around and everyone was scared.

"Did you hear? They are laying off everyone on Tuesday."
"NO, they're not, but they are dividing us all up."
"They are selling us to Guthy - Renker."

And then came Tuesday...and lot's of people got laid off. Some of my close work friends ;(
Then came Wednesday and we had a company meeting where they announced we would be splitting up into three companies. After the meeting we were to meet with our bosses to discuss how these changes would effect us personally. I had recently been moved to a different team so I thought I was safe...

Turns out I was reorganized and then reorganized again. I'm thankful they didn't reorganize me out the door.

Melissa, you will now be in charge of Customer Retention Management and you have a new boss.

This is my fourth boss since I started...but I have a job ;)

CRM is boring, and not that fun. I have to look at data, analyze LTV and help improve the customer experience. I should have failed the test when they gave it to me a couple weeks earlier.

I am happy to add more skills to my resume tho... Yay, HTML and Dream weaver!

I finally told my work, well actually just my new boss that I'm pregnant.

He asked, "Well what does that mean?"

"Ummm, well I think it means I'm having a baby. But for you it means I have a Dr. appointment once a month."

He said, "Great, well congratulations!"

and then I checked out maternity leave...I get a whopping 5 months! Woo Hoo! Thank you family leave act.

And now I'm deciding when to tell my co-workers. I think after Turkey Day, I will show up and make everyone think I ate a lot of turkey that weekend. And then I will have my close friend here start a rumor that I'm having Michael Jackson's baby...hmmm good times to come!

Alas, the purpose of why I still have a job!

No comments: