Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

What's Happening

We're no longer sick at this house...yay!

Bruce got a new toy, the floor gym. We noticed it was really difficult for him to grab things so we hoped this new toy would help him along and it really has. Now those of you that have hair, watch out!
It's also a great toy for tummy time...You can't tell in this picture but he is really scooting along. The other day he scooted towards a box that had a picture of a baby on it and he made it all the way there (about 5 ft). He is really trying to get his legs underneath him and move. He is also on the verge of rolling from his back to his tummy.


Who said dinosaurs are vicious?

I tried Bruce's halloween costume on him today and I hope he fits into it by the end of October. I had to stuff him in as it is and he is growing like a weed. There is a little room for growth.He really wants to sit up, if I sit him on a chair he uses his ab muscles to sit more forward and can stay steady for about 20 seconds ;)


Bruce is also teething, but he's doing it like a champ. Drooling ALOT and knawing on anything he can get his hands onto. Chilled teething toys seem to soothe him.


Lastly, we are grooming Bruce for sleep training.

Now before you get freaked out, this is Bruce falling asleep on his own. What you can't see is his huge gummy grin and eyes propped wide open underneath his blanket. Kiel and I have no idea why he does this but he somehow gets his blanket all the way over his face and then chats away and nods off after a couple minutes. Then I come in and fold the blanket back down, crazy kid.


It's so nice when he falls asleep on his own. He does pretty good, there have been a couple of days when he just wants to be rocked to sleep but most of the time our sleep method works. In the beginning he wanted me to stay in the room until he dozed off. Everytime, I left he would spit his pacifier out and yell. Now he let's us leave. Next, we will try and take away the swaddle and then the pacifier...pray for us.
Sleeping through the night...
Not in this house. It happened for a week and now we are back to our 4am feeding. Any suggestions?

OH and I had a milestone as well. I went to my first GNO (Girl's Night Out) activity with a bunch of young mom's from our old ward. We went to the melting pot. It was alot of fun and nice to just relax. Of course we talked about our babies all night but what else are we going to talk about?


2 comments:

Brigitte said...

He is sooo stinkin adorable. I can't wait to meet him someday, and see you guys again!

Celia's Gibberish said...

I may be getting over my fear of dinosaurs. He's so dang cute!