Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

An Old Fashioned Post

Since the baby was born I noticed all of my posts have been about the baby. Then I thought my poor readers have been without melissa randomness (i like to italicize for dramatic effect, is it working?) for so long, I must give them a dose!

Once you have a baby you have to be careful or everything can become about baby, hence my blog. This morning I woke up and told Kiel we needed to go on a day trip because I had been cooped up in the house all week.


He said we needed to relax because he had been cooped up outside all week.

That's not even a thing. You can't be cooped up outside.

He said he just made it a thing and then proceeded to the living room to play his video game, aka erase this conversation from his memory.


So I sat in bed and wondered what to do. Should I nag? Whine? or play my "you owe me card."


I collected that card last night when Kiel was laughing hysterically at something on his computer. He was practically in stitches. I asked what he was laughing at and he said "a whale." I went over to see and it was our 1st anniversary pictures at Catalina Island. It was ME 9 months pregnant. I slugged him in the arm and he laughed harder.


I got out of bed and said you owe me and he said, fine. But we are not going to San Diego to stalk your favorite reality stars. Dang! That man is on to me, so on to me.


Instead we walked 9 blocks toward the beach and stopped at Subway for breakfast and then walked back.


It was just what I needed.


And here is the real reason why you're here:
And to prove that Kiels earphones for his video game are mind erasers I will post this blog and he will say "I never said that."
It's all good fun ;)

1 comment:

lisa c. said...

dang, i wish he would have said yes to San Diego. So one of these days, when I'm almost at my own cooped up breaking point (it's getting closer and closer) I will come up and we'll have a fantastic day with the baby and out of the house!