Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Kiel, The Cool Parent

As my due date approaches I get wound up tighter and tighter like the wire on a spring, except I don't have a bounce. There are so many things to do and I want them all to get done NOW! Kiel is still cool as a cucumber. Chillaxed about everything and it drives me crazy/calms me.

Yesterday, was a normal, grumpy, man I hate Mondays, Monday. But as soon as I left the office and saw the sun shining it became contagious. I couldn't help but get in a good mood and rush home to the Hawt Husband. We were going to go to Home Depot and select paint colors for the nursery. Something we agreed to earlier in the day via Yahoo chat.

When I got home he wasn't in the mood to discuss paint colors. He was too busy cleaning up the baby and laundry clutter that had been camping in the living room since the baby shower last week.

"Babe, I was thinking about painting the baby room dark blue and tan."
"It doesn't matter to me." He replied

That stopped me in my tracks. It doesn't matter? Well of course it matters. It HAS to matter, no matter if it's only going to be that way for a few months until we move. "What do you mean it doesn't matter?"

"I mean you can do whatever you want."
"But I want you to have input, you picked out the theme after all"

He then laughed in submission, realizing this wasn't going to go anywhere worth while and started vacuuming.

Fine, tan and blue it was. After he was done I asked when we were going to go get paint and he said we didn't have to go tonight.

"What?" Of course we have to go tonight. I don't know why, I can't explain it. I know it's not for a rational reason, because I am in no way shape or form a rational person during my 7th month of gestating. That being said, there is no way this non rational pregnant woman would be able to sleep if I went to bed with zero paint cans in the living room.

So we went after dinner and looked at all of the blue and tan possibilities.
I told him what walls I wanted blue and he disagreed. I smiled and said thanks for participating.

We moseyed around for an hour, bought more random things and left the store with a can of blue paint, a can of tan paint and randomness that Kiel needed.

Afterwards we headed to golden spoon frozen yogurt for "double stamp" Monday night special and ordered the best frozen yogurt combo ever.
I then asked if we could paint that night and he of course said no. "How 'bout tomorrow?" Again the answer was no. So April 1st it was decided, when we both have a weekend off and can paint during the day.

My one last question for the night was, "What are you not going to miss when I'm not pregnant anymore?"

He quickly replied: "I plead the fifth."

2 comments:

Brigitte said...

I love how you linked to an online dictionary. I knew what it meant but thought you just wanted to throw in a surprise. Thanks for nothin! ;) Blue and tan I think would look great for a boys room! Can't wait to see pictures!

Brianne said...

when are you due anyway?