Pages

Friday, February 26, 2010

My Baby Doll at Breast Feeding Class

Yesterday, was the last night of breast feeding class. My friend Rachel graciously went with me since The Husband was working. Before class Rachel went to the restroom and I went to drink out of the water fountain. Not an easy task when you are juggling a big belly, purse, breast feeding folder and this baby doll:
I managed by dangling "Baby," a name I named her when I was 2, by the leg. As I was drinking I heard someone saying, "Miss, excuse me Miss!" I look up and a nurse was walking/running towards me. As she reached me, she said "Oh, my goodness, I thought you were holding a real baby!" I laughed and said "oh, this?" as I lifted Baby up higher. "Trust me if she was real, I would have killed her a long time ago."

She then looked at me and my belly, mortified and I had to quickly explain that I've had Baby since I was 2.

And then she laughed and walked away but over her shoulder she yelled, "You would be surprised how many parents I see holding their real babies like that!"

Really, parents? You hold your babies like this...

I'm concerned!

1 comment:

Janel Ruzzi said...

Nobody I know carries their babies like that, but then again I do live a fairly sheltered life. :)