Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Big Baby Boy

Baby Christensen is doing great (and so is mom, if anyone cares!) The doctor wants us to have another ultra sound in 8 weeks to monitor his weight. He's about 3 and 1/2 pounds at 28wks which is in the 70th percentile but his head or should I say GIANT head is in the 99th percentile, I think the doc wanted to say 105th percentile but there is no such thing (or is there?).

Anyway are you surprised? He has two amazons for parents. I know I can't tell for sure but his nose looks like a Keddington nose...what do you think?

But his HUGE foot, well that's a Stirling/Chamber foot for sure!

So far Dr. Naylor's consensus is we are looking at a 9lb baby or more (eek!) when it's time to deliver.

I wondered why I looked as big or bigger as my child birth classmates that are due in March. It's mostly because I have a lot of fluid and water surrounding the baby, a lot more than most (whatever that means.) But Dr. Naylor says that's a good thing.

I think Brigitte and my cousin are right, I am in desperate need of an epideral come labor day!

Love you all!

Mel, Kiel and Baby C

4 comments:

Brittany and Bud Morrow said...

I was the same way with my daugther. They had to keep checking her weight because I had Gestational Diabetes and it can make babies grow bigger. Well, both my husband and I are big people so we were bound to have a big baby anyways. At 37 Weeks she was measuring 10 lbs! I knew it was off, but I was curious how much she would way. She was delivered a week early (C-section) and weighed 9.12. Have you talked about a possible C-section with your Doc? In my opinion, it's TOTALLY the way to go! You're almost done! Keep up the good work mama!

Melissa Christensen said...

Hi Brittany...9lbs 12 ounces that is a BIG first baby!

They've told me I might have to get a c-section since I was 18wks because the placenta was in the birth canal. That's why I had this appt., to make sure that was no longer the case. Everything is ok with the placenta but now we have a big head problem ;)

So, the c-section is still an option and we'll be going back to monitor his weight gain and head size.

I personally didn't want a c-section, but it's not really in my control at this point.

Janel Ruzzi said...

Having had 3 c-sections I highly recommend avoiding them if you can. Hopefully your little one is done growing his head and will concentrate on other areas now!

Melissa Christensen said...

Janel,

I like your way of thinking. Maybe he decided to grow his head first and now the rest will grow ;)