Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My New Name

In 14 days my name will no longer be Melissa Janelle Stirling and will be changed to Melissa Stirling Christensen. I decided to drop my middle name for a few reasons:

1. Melissa Stirling Christensen sounds so distinguished and strong.
2. The two names, Melissa Janelle, used together just bring back memories of me getting in trouble.
3. My dad was not blessed with any boys to carry the family name so I decided to carry it through as my middle name.
4. MJ has now become the nationwide nickname for Michael Jackson and for obvious reasons I do not want to be associated with him.
5. For now on when my mother says "Melissa Janelle" I do not have to answer because it will no longer be my name.

So say goodbye to Janelle and if you have a sweet memory of her please leave a comment. But beware negative comments will be deleted as I would like to remember only the good times I had with this name. With Love for the last time,





Ps. I know this post is super dramatic and mostly for comedic purposes but I oddly feel a little piece of my identity has been replaced because of this change.

2 comments:

Debbie Clark said...

Oh Brother, you have a niece born the day before your birthday with the same middle name, named after you. And you should have plenty of good memories of childhood. And if I do call you Melissa Janelle you damn well better answer. Whatever, Melissa. Mom

Elizabeth said...

hahaha.... I'm glad you changed your name... I've always had a hard time spelling it. Honestly, I'll probably still call you Janelle, Janel, Janallque ... how ever you spell it.. then we will have a story to tell your kids... " auntie beth why do you call mom MJ.?" My response will be, "Because back before you were born... she decided in haste that she wanted to change her name...you're mom is weird... can you say weird?" :)