Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Ouchie


We made a family field trip to the ER today. Bruce wanted us BOTH by his side so the whole family went, hopefully Rhyan doesn't get anything icky from all of those infected people in the waiting room but whatcha gonna do?

This morning I was getting ready for my last hoorah in Beverly Hills with my girlfriends before I leave them for good. Kiel was going to watch both kids until 1pm and then a babysitter was going to take over from there while Kiel went to court. I was almost done getting ready when Bruce joined me in the bathroom crawled on top of the toilet seat and picked up my curling iron, hot rod first. I was brushing my teeth and totally forgot that 1. the curling iron was on my right side, it is usually always on my left and 2. that it was still on. Well, as soon as I heard the piercing screams I immediately knew what happened. I grabbed Bruce and ran downstairs screaming for Kiel to get an ice pack!

Now, please learn from my mistakes because there are plenty in the above paragraph.
  1. I didn't listen to the still small voice that told me to close the door ALL the way, 3 seconds before Bruce came charging in the bathroom.
  2. I didn't pay attention to the hot curling iron
  3. I put ICE on a 2nd degree burn, you are NEVER to put ice on a 2nd degree burn. Cool water, ointment, gauze... NO ICE. And it's okay to give childrens tylenol to relieve the pain.

Lessons learned!

Today ER, tomorrow burn unit.

Check out those blisters ;(


Here he is being a really good boy while they treat his hand.


Check out his Pitchers mitt :(

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Poor little guy :( So glad he's got that Tylenol #3 with Codeine. Burns are the worst. I can't imagine how much worse it must be for kids who don't understand comepletely why it hurts. :(