Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

All Better and guess what we've been doing?

Yesterday Bruce went back to the burn unit to make sure his hand was healing properly and it's all healed! If the blisters pop, it's okay because the skin underneath is all better. The doc even said he could go to the park so that's where we went right after his appointment. Poor kid hasn't been to a park in a week because we didn't want him to get his hand infected.







Here are the kids having fun in the swings. This was Rhyan's first time in a swing and she really liked it!


Other than that, we are busy packing our house away. Frances comes next week to help and of course we need to fit in Disneyland before we leave. Our kids have never been and we thought it would be a nice way to say goodbye to sunny, so cal.


After Fran's family leaves we finish packing, rent a moving truck and move our family into our BRAND NEW HOME! We have to be out of our apartment by April 30th.
Kiel is working hard and in between work he is trying really, really, really hard to teach Rhyan how to crawl. I keep telling him that I am not ready for her to do that yet but he really wants to see her crawl before we move away. Luckily, us girls stick together and she has decided she is just not quite ready.


Although Rhyan has not given into daddy's pleads, she still manages to get around. She rolls everywhere. And by no surprise Rhyan is a great eater! She just mastered her pincher grasp and can and will munch on cheerio's all day if I let her. Bruce has recently become a fan of T.v. and will actually stop to watch Elmo's world on Sesame Street, Rhyan will watch the entire show. She LOVES t.v. She's so funny, she will laugh at the characters, clap her hands when Elmo comes on and just stare. I usually have to keep the t.v. off during tummy time or she won't do anything but stare at the television.



And, a couple of weeks ago Rhyan was a model for a photography class taught by my favorite photographer, Alexia Sotello. I let her students practice taken pictures of her in exchange for a few pictures taken by Alexia. Rhyan wasn't able to get her pictures taken by Alexia when she was born so I was really happy that I got to have a few shots before we move. Here is one of them:


Besides Bruce making a full recovery he is a talking parrot! He repeats EVERYTHING! Today he said "cool dude" "Awesome" and "Awww, crap!" And yes the last one was from me. I really need to watch what I say, starting now. Luckily, we don't use profanity but some phrases could be more kid appropriate ;) He has become quite a picky eater lately. Our pediatrician says it is a phase that is appropriate for his age and I am hoping it is just a phase. I've been making a lot of smoothies lately and when he's not looking I throw in some spinach as well. That's the only way I can get him to eat leafy greens.


Well, wish us luck. We will be bay area bound pretty soon!

No comments: