Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Your babies this week

I get weekly emails that update me on what my babies milestones might be. Bruce is and has always been a total textbook baby; meaning, he's a predictable baby, and fairly easy to handle. Does everything on cue, so there are few surprises and reaches all the milestones right on schedule.

So when I got this email, it was no surprise that this describes Bruce exactly:

Hello, Melissa!

Whining and screaming: If your 15-month-old has started sounding like a hyena or worse, you're experiencin
g his intense desire to interact with you. Children thrive on their parents' attention, and a toddler this age will do just about anything to get yours. When he gets loud or whiny, kneel down to your child's level and tell him you're listening. If he keeps it up, calmly say, "I can't understand you when you talk like that. Please use your normal voice and I'll be happy to listen to what you're saying." Eventually, he'll get the message.

This wouldn't be such a problem if I also didn't get this email:

Hello, Melissa!

Every baby has a unique temperament. Some are placid and agreeable, while others are more sensitive. One thing all babies have in common is that they communicate with you by crying. Sometime in the first month, you'll begin to hear another kind of sound. That's when most babies find their voices. When your baby is calm and alert, you may notice she says a little "ooh" or "aah" when she sees you or hears you approaching.


Awww, the joys of two. And the joy of not sleeping. I didn't realize how lucky I was with Bruce. He slept till 5am, in his own crib from day one. Rhyan will only sleep at night if she is on my chest and I am propped upright. I think she has major gas pain in the evening and this is the only soothing sleeping position for her.

Last Tuesday we had Dr. appointments for both kiddos and Bruce is 33 inches tall (90th percentile) and 25lbs (50th percentile.) He is also advanced in his speech for knowing about 8 - 10 words. Right now he is only expected to know 3 - 5. Rhyan gained her birth weight back plus a pound. She weighs 9 lbs 12 ounces.
We've had more visitors. Rhyan has now met ALL grandparents, more Aunts, Celia and Shelley and Uncle Steve and cousins Mariah and Jack.

Bruce has been too cute lately, checkout Kiel's facebook for hilarious video footage.

No comments: