Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Nursery

Minus a few things that I am waiting for, Bruce and Rhyan's room is pretty much done. Their room is perfect for a shared space although they will not be sleeping in the same room for awhile.

Rhyan's crib and wall decor. I'm waiting for a hand painted sign of her name that I bought on Etsy to go underneath the first shelf next to the picture. When she's born I will get her hand print in a picture design like I did with Bruce by Piggies & Paws and I will hang that by the light switch. On the shelves are a snow globe, a picture frame, a doll I got a long time ago and a barbie from the model collection. I need something to go inside the small shelf, but I'll worry about that later.


Rhyan's closet. She has more dresses than me and more clothes are coming on Saturday!
Both closets. Bruce has more clothes than Rhyan by a long shot. Those tupperware bins are full of clothes that are too big for him at the moment. And I can't forget the rocking chair and Bruce's Quilt that Omi made. I also left space on the wall for Rhyan's quilt ;)

Bruce's side of the room is decorated in sports. The blank space above on the wall is reserved for a newborn picture of Rhyan. In the picture below, I decorated Bruce's shelves with daddies cars, a vintage California book that was my grandmothers and a Giants visor. I am waiting for Bruce's handmade painted name sign to hang above his footprint.

Above, is a foot print of Bruce done by piggies and paws when he was 2 months old. Below is shelving that I got for Bruce and will now be shared with his sister. The left side is for Rhyan the right side is for Bruce.

A full shot of Bruce's side of the room.

Thanks to my wonderful husband who patiently hung shelves and pictures and took me shopping so I could finally put this nesting bug to rest! Now I just hope those name signs get here before Tuesday!

2 comments:

Brigitte said...

Such a cute room!! You're fantastic at decorating!

Shelley said...

That is really cute. Great job!