Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Kiel

Kiel got into an accident while he was at work. Here are pictures of the damage:

We are very lucky it wasn't worse and the airbags kept him in the car. I am so thankful to law enforcement that contacted me and stayed with my hubby at the hospital. They drove him home and his car home, kept me posted each step of the way and offered to take me to the hospital and babysit Bruce. It definitely is not a call I ever want to get again. Panic mode set in the minute I picked up the phone and it was the police department calling to let me know about my husband. I know those calls are never good. But it ended up being not so bad I guess. Timing of course could have been better.

Love you babe! Hope you feel better soon!

Update:
Well unfortunately this situation just keeps getting worse. Kiel goes into surgery for his hand on Thursday. They need to put pins in it and if that doesn't work (which the Dr. thinks it's such a bad break that it won't) he will need screws and maybe (worse case scenario) a metal plate. I'm hoping for the best case, that this surgery will go well and Kiel will begin to heal and have a full recovery. He hates feeling "helpless"and tries to help as much as possible but the reality is we are both dependent on family right now to help us take care of our family. Two parents on narcotics is not a good combo when you have a 15 month old and a newborn to look out for. I pray we recover soon.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Crazy!! I know you have lots of helpers coming in but if there is anything I can do let me know!