Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Things I'm obsessed with as of late...

The Casey Anthony trial... I can't get enough. I've read 317 pages of interviews, watched hours of tapes and now wake up early so I can catch the trial live, eastern time. It's extremely sad and disturbing. I can't figure out what's worse, Casey murdering her daughter or her parents standing by her side. After going through all of the evidence, I can't possibly understand how they could think their daughter is COMPLETELY innocent. Now i'm depressed, onto happier obsessions.
Free Cycle.Org, Frances introduced me to this site. It's a site where people recycle their junk under one condition, it must be completely free. No trades, exchanges, or money can be involved. The first person to take it off the givers hands gets the treasure. So far I've gotten a crib, unused still packaged hair bows for Rhyan, a car play mat for Bruce and this lovely gem below...


It's a beat up desk that will go perfect in my "antique" guest room as soon as Kiel sands, stains and lacquers this beat up thing. We're making progress.
And another thing I'm obsessed with... Chocolate cake! I made this baby a day ago and half is missing already! And yes I'm responsible for every single crumb gone.

And lastly, I'm obsessed with the guest room. I'm obsessed with making it look like a bed n' breakfast. Pictures to follow once it's completed. Because of this obsession I am also obsessed with home goods and their unbelievable reasonable prices of mirrors and wall decor.

3 comments:

Brigitte said...

I practically ate an entire cake in the last few days too! I used Britt's recipe in a bundt pan - so yummy. I can't stop myself.

Was that last remark about mirror prices a joke? Haha, I've always hate how mirrors are so EXPENSIVE! I want to add a few around the house, esepcially in the entry, but the ones I want are insane pricey! :)

Melissa Christensen said...

Do you have a Homegoods store near you? Their furniture is pretty expensive but you can get GIANT sized mirrors for as little as $29.99. Compared to Targets med - sized mirrors priced at $59.99 - $79.99, it's an excellent deal. They also have huge paintings, priced at around $65.00 other places would price them well over $200. And these paintings are framed.

Anyway you can always check out Ross or TJ Max as well and sometimes you get lucky with a decent priced mirror or picture.

Reaching Our allen-ness said...

Brigitte~ You can also try freecycle in your area. However Aunt Diane Has a large sized entry way mirror she is looking to get rid of it used to hang up in the living room above the lovely 70's style gold couch! Its true gem of gold-ness :)