Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Bruce's 1 yr photo shoot!

I'm excited that I finally got Brucey boy's photos back from his 1 year photo shoot! Alexia Sotelo has been Bruce's professional photographer since Bruce was 6 days old, so I thought it was appropriate to have her take his 1 year pics as well.

I wanted the photo session to take place at Wilson Park, the same place we had his birthday party. As you can see when you scroll through the pictures, there are lots of different locations within the park that make for great pictures ;) If you haven't noticed by now, I'm not a studio picture person, I like the aesthetics of the out doors and for this particular shoot; I wanted things to be fun, colorful, and boyish.

The props were carefully selected to portray the theme mentioned above. All props were in primary colors, playful and perfect for little boys. I brought the balloons and the beautiful quilt made for Bruce by his Omi. The colors were perfect for what we wanted to portray (don't worry, Omi it didn't get one piece of dirt on it) and really popped against the green grass. Alexia provided the red wagon, green chair and tricycle. I kept the outfits simple.

Wilson park provided the railroad sign and caboose for a more rustic feel.

Out of 90 pictures, I selected 25 that captured all facial expressions, props and scenery. Hope you like them, and let me know what one's you want prints of. I love them!

The above picture, was a "behind the scenes" shot if you will, but I chose it as one of the final 25 pictures because I like how Bruce is happy as a clam even though all of our photo props are practically stacked on top of him. Plus the colors look great!
























2 comments:

Shelley said...

Love them all. He is too cute.

Omi said...

I love them all too. He is growing up so fast.