Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Coupon Magic


I think I got it down! I've been saving a butt load of money on my grocery bill! About $100 bucks everytime!

I've been following Jill Caltaldo's blog for months. You may have seen her on ABC or she's constantly referred to as the coupon queen. She manages to somehow buy $100 dollars worth of groceries for a penny. Or she can make a life size tower out of her cereal boxes that she spent a nickel on.

Coupon clipping seemed like a daunting task, but it really isn't that bad. I've been able to save on organic lettuce (buy 1 get 1 free), ground turkey, fruits, veggies, crackers, cider, everything you need for baking goodies, baby food, formula, diapers, toothpaste, cereal and lots more.


On my first try I saved $102 dollars plus I got $40 bucks back in catalina coupons. Which are coupons you can use on your next trip to the store that act as cash. I saved more than 50% on my grocery bill. On my second trip I saved $87 dollars and got $5 bucks back in catalina coupons. That time I saved 67%. And yesterday I just bought baby food for less than 0.16 cents a jar. Pretty good since they average around 50 cents a jar (which I have never paid that price, thanks to coupons.)


I get most of my coupons from the Sunday paper, red plum and in the stores.


Totally worth it, if you ask me!

1 comment:

Brigitte said...

I don't seem to have that kind of luck. I went on an all out coupon frenzy for a couple months and only saved like $10 each trip. I just never find coupons for things I actually buy, haha. So awesome though that you're saving tons of money! Jealous! :)