Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

Goodboo October

It was a good month!

It started with 2 boxes of chocolate covered strawberries. One box couldn't even last for a picture. Then my husband took me to Toys R Us and let me pick out 2 video games for my Wii and he got to pick out the free one for his xbox. (It was a buy 2 get 1 free sale.) We highly recommend Mario Galaxy.

My birthday was fabulous. Our family and my friend Sunni went to the Cheese Cake Factory for dinner and Kiel surprised me with 2 dozen roses.
And because we celebrate the whole month, my scary thirty birthday party was this past Saturday in LA at the El Cid Theater. We attended a murder mystery dinner with Lisa, and our friends Robyn, Chad and Scotti. Poor Lisa was sitting at the end of the table so she had to get up on stage. But she's always a good sport and that's one of the reasons why we love her. Little Bruce was babysat by the Facers, our friends at church (who were invited to my party but couldn't come.) They took Bruce to our ward trunk or treat. He was an angel the entire time and didn't cry once. Thankfully I didn't have to worry much because they texted me updates throughout the night. Honestly, what did our parents do without cell phones? Plus I knew Bruce was in good hands, they have 2 children and one is only ten days younger than Bruce. He was alseep without a peep when we arrived and he didn't wake up when we transferred him to our house. The next day we went out to breakfast with Lisa at Polly's on the Pier. Seriously, can you believe this view is literally two minutes from where we live?

My birthday month ended with a Halloween party at the Hansen's with my little one in tow. We ate chili and cookies and then hit the neighborhood for some trick or treating fun. Robyn's neighborhood goes all out for the holidays and Halloween is no different. Almost every house had a caldron of fire on their driveway and the decorations were amazing. They brought out the t.v's and the scary masks. Bruce was asleep by house number 5 but before then he was excited about the costumes and lights.
Here we are with our little dinosaur. Kiel was a giants fan (but really that's just what he wears to support his team) and I was a mom taking her child to his first halloween party. (I'm too lazy to capitalize Halloween, every time.)
Lastly, my birthday present was an anti-aging facial that I asked for. (Kiel is smart enough to know not to gift any woman anything with the title "anti-aging") Anyway I'm three decades old, time to sloth off the old skin and extract a fresh layer. Good bye fine lines ;)
Sorry for the lack of pictures and the bad ones, most were taken with my phone or not taken at all.

And let's not forget that the Giants are in the WORLD SERIES and doing really well! I like to think it's because of magic October (you don't believe it's magical? How else do the leaves change beautiful colors?) Don't let us down November.

No comments: