Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

Pregnant Mama's Listen Up!

For a number of reasons (I'm pregnant, I'm in the industry and I have a personal blog), I have been given the opportunity to "test out" stretch mark preventives and other various things that are on the market today, under the condition I give my honest opinion and blog about the stuff I like.

If you're like me, you hate ads unless there is a good deal at the end...so stay tuned.

Tummy Rub Stretch Mark Body Butter and Tummy Rub Stretch Mark Oil by mama mio are my fave stretch mark preventives by far.

The butter is creamy and rubs on smooth, with a beautiful scent and non-greasy after feel. It's actives are all natural: wheat germ, shea butter, and borage oils which permeate the skin to improve elasticity!The oil is non-greasy and absorbs quickly, which of course is good news!

Well what should I buy the oil or butter? The most effective is the oil, but it also depends on your preference. Some people cannot stand oils and in that case you should opp for the butter.

Another plus about the oil is it takes less to cover your entire torso, buttocks and thighs. To compare, I go through a tub of butter a month (and the bigger I get the more I go through in a shorter period of time) when I apply twice daily...and it takes me twice the amount of time to go through the oil.

Topical treatments are essential for stretch mark prevention (also awesome genetics) so don't buy into the ingestible hoopla, anything you ingest goes straight to the baby and not to your skin, therefore, preventing nothing and creating an elastic baby, jk about the elastic baby part.

I also have a mountain of baby products to test, but I am only testing the fragrance, dye, paraben free products and throwing away the others. A baby's skin is way too sensitive to bathe in a bunch of skin care products even though they are saturating the market place. And not too hop on the organic band wagon but organic sheets, wipes, and topical lotions/creams are the way to go when it comes to a little one - seriously. But if you don't like organic, just make sure your laundry detergent, lotions, wipes are dye, fragrance and paraben free :) (Just a little advice from a product formulator/experienced skin care marketer, not an experienced mother.)

FYI to my pregnant friends, I get a discount on all California Baby and Mustela products... 50%.
So kiss up now and leave a comment...the more comments you leave the more products I get.
If you want to purchase Mama Mio (makes great shower gifts) click Dermstore.com, the products I reviewed retail at $35.00.

xo -
M

2 comments:

Shelley said...

If I were prego I SOOOO would buy something... how long is the shelf life? Maybe I can stock up for the next one.

Brigitte said...

I guess it's no secret to family; Tyler and I are planning on me getting pregnant sometime in the next 3-4 months so....I want some prego fun stuff!

Btw, how does it work on a tummy that already has stretch marks? Mine are obviously shrunk and less discolored, but does it really help at all since my tummy is already stretched out? I guess at least it would help it from getting worse right? Write me back on FB if you feel like it and have time. Love ya Melissa!