Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Mel FATTY

Last week the baby and I went to the Dr's.

In case you haven't noticed the baby goes EVERYWHERE with me and it's getting annoying, but I won't tell the baby that.

So, we went to the Doc's for our regular check-up.

First things first, pee in a cup.

Second, hop on scale. I hopped on the scale, with my shoes on (but I cheated because I wore lighter shoes than usual...shhhh) and watched the scale go up.

It went up a lot actually. More than it has ever been before. But this wouldn't surprise my friends who knew me in high school. I was rail thin in high school. So thin I could now eat my high school self for a snack.

Third, wait in room.

The Doc, came in and right away confirmed my fatness. "Enjoyed the holidays this season." It was more of a statement than a question. My Doctor is a straight shooter, there is no sugar coating when it comes from her.

I gave it right back to her. "You're referring to my weight gain."

"Why yes, you've gained more weight in 4 weeks than you have in your entire pregnancy."

"Well, I've been starving"

"Well, you might want to slow it down"

"So how much more weight can I gain?"

"9 lbs"

"9 lbs!?!, that's crap and you know it."

She just laughed.

I decided I hate her. How dare she get between me and food, our relationship is healthy and solid.

But as you can see, I have grown significantly. The pictures below are just one week apart.

No comments: