Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Happy 4th, 2009

We had a blast this fourth of July! We spent the 3 - day weekend in Monterey like last year but instead of camping we roughed it in Matt Wiley's two story beach house with cable and wifi.

We layed out on the beach that was only a block away and watched the boys play



We went to the patriotic street fair, bought icecream from a pimped out icecream truck, said the pledge of allegiance and posed for a few group shots...



The girls ruled the kitchen and the boys ruled the BBQ



Here is the delicious flag cake we made which will now be made every 4th of July (I LOVE traditions):

Steps

1. Bake a cake (whatever cake you want, we did white)
2. Smooth Whip Cream ALL over (1 tub)
3. Decorate with 50 bluberries and try to make 13 red stripes with strawberries (not as easy as it sounds).
4. And whatever you do, say NO when your friends suggests adding sour cream to the mix, I am SO glad I did :)
The feast...

What is everyone grateful for on this special holiday? Kiel: "Melissa" Melissa: "Kiel" Beth: "Freedom of Speech" Ron: "Our troops" and the conversation goes on...

What? Monterey cancelled the firework show due to budget problems? Well I think Mr. Kiel, Ms. Melissa, Miss Sarah and Mr. Matt well go buy fireworks. The show MUST go on! And it did :)

Other talents to mention: Ron is an amazing photographer and was quite fond of Kiel and I, check out these babies:
Matt McKean can open a root beer bottle with his forearm

I can stage my own kidnapping:

Beth and I can make it all the way down a hill on a longboard without crashing:


Next year is Yosemite, whose in?

Marcie Hanberg you were missed, but I hope you had fun in DC.

Happy 4th Everyone! Have I mentioned lately how much I love my husband, he made me smile all weekend!

4 comments:

Melissa Christensen said...

a) it wasn't sour cream it was cream cheese

b) you only said no because you were a menstrating monster

c) it would have been really good, not necessarily better just different.

d) you suck.

Melissa Christensen said...

hahah I'm still signed into your email mail acount so it looks like you commmented on your own blog... hahah... crap.. I just gave it way...

oh well.. I'm beth ... really smart ... (and pretty.) :)

Melissa Christensen said...

Haha!
a) First you suggested sour cream and when I said no you said cream cheese.
b) I said no because it doesn't sound good and it still doesn't.
c) You can make it on your own time.
d) I love you!

Anonymous said...

You have a great blog! I someday will get my rear in gear to do one...SMILE ON SISTA!
-RACHELLE NEELY