Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Bay area vacation: Fun, Family, Mini Trips & Only One Fatality

This past week our little family was in the bay area. This was our first trip to the bay area when I only had one thing on my agenda: Be the mormon god mother at Micky's baptism. Of course our agenda filled up very fast as soon as we arrived in town.

Kiel went to an A's game with his dad and also went shooting. It was the first time he got to shoot his birthday present.

Surprisingly my mom was also in town so I packed up Bruce and went over to my sister Michelle's place. Here are a few quick snapshots of Bruce with his cousin Avril and my mom in the background. She is almost 3 months older than Bruce.

Later that same day, Kiel, Bruce and I went to dinner at my dad's place. Here is Bruce with Uncle Austin.

And here is Bruce with my dad. These pictures were taken later in the week at Kiel's parents house, but you get the picture (ha ha.)We also hung out with cousin Luke. Bruce is now bigger than his cousin and a few pounds heavier. Katie, Frances and I went shopping with all three of our babies. It was quite a site to see all of us treking around with three strollers in tow. Patrice and Celia watched Fran and Katie's older children while we took three hours to spend a lot of dough. The good news is Bruce is a great shopper and it means I can go more often ;)

Thursday Kiel had to leave so he could go back to work. I was able snap this picture of Bruce and Kiel napping. Just before I snapped the shot Bruce moved one of his arms down, he did have both of them up like his dad. We missed Kiel a lot, but Bruce's Omi was able to help while his dad was gone. Which I appreciated a ton! Single parent hood is not for me, that's for sure.

If I had written a love letter while Kiel was back at home it might have gone something like this:

My dearest love,

The sun is gone and it is still hot underneath the black sky. We strolled around the park with Omi, Brittany, Gabe and of course Syd and I missed you. I think Bruce misses you too. He misses the way you put him to sleep and wrap him up so tight so he feels safe and secure. I miss watching you give him a bath and seeing you triple check the water, making sure it is the perfect temp. for our baby boy.

Omi, has been second best at filling in. She can put Bruce to sleep better than I can. Not one tear is shed. He just drifts off to dream land one butt pat at a time. She makes sure to get all of Bruce's creases where curdled milk hides, just like you during bath time.

I've been tired and busy, busy. I saw Sarah, we had a nice chat and she loved seeing Bruce. Friday we went to the beach with the Keogans and your mom and Celia. It was beautiful. I chased after sand dollars with Brittany and Celia and that's when the fatality happened. My phone is dead. I guess it was the final shove I needed to hop onto your phone plan. Brittany was kind enough to let me go commando in an extra set of clothes she brought so I didn't have to sit in wet clothes on the drive home. I also got a pedicure while Omi babysat. Micky's baptism was lovely and we celebrated afterwords at Katie's home. I chowed down while Micky and Bruce played. Sunday we went to church and then had one last dinner at Fran's house with my mother. I love spending time here, but wish I was back home with you. Our little family safely under one roof, the way it should be.

See you soon darling.

xoxo - M

1 comment:

Reaching Our allen-ness said...

Safely under one roof...while your stroller is getting hi-jacked outside.