Pages

Monday, May 3, 2010

Shopping Trip

This whole time Kiel hasn't set foot in a baby store. I think he is still exhausted when we registered for our wedding. I registered at 5 different places so I could collect that 10% discount when the time came and I did it all by myself happily. Actually, that's not true, it was me and 5 of my gal friends from work on a lunch break. *Note to self, only ask moms for help next time. I ended up editing out dog food, clothes, alcohol, household items and birth control supplies.

Today was the first time we went shopping together for the baby. It was fairly easy, I ran around and put things in the cart while he pushed and mentally calculated how much it was going to cost him. I love how he spoils his family so. Luckily, with our discount and all of our gift cards it didn't cost him much.

We bought our dresser/changing table combo...
A rocker/glider


and a MAN bag for Kiel, notice the big words that say JEEP. Out of all of the items we purchased today this is the only one he had an opinion about. Must be Manly, must not have any pink if I want him to carry it. *Noted.


I on the other hand thought it was too manly for me and went ahead and ordered this little number.
And what makes it even more awesome is it comes with a FREE diaper bag...
Kiel says we do not need 3 diaper bags but I beg to differ...ummm hello, I need to coordinate my bags with my outfit. And he did marry a woman that has over 100 purses (seriously).

Other than that, between 3 baby showers and our gift cards we received everything we needed. We are so lucky and so blessed!

Now Kiel gets to take pride in assembling all of the furniture :) He gets to do that this weekend and I will finally be able to turn that room that we painted into a functioning nursery.

Quick Baby Update:
We had a check up today and I will not be induced on the 8th. Apparently, there are five steps that let my dr. know my body is preparing for labor and I am a big fat ZERO. Even his head that was dropped has moved back up, hence the reason my heart burn is back. But she also assured me I could go from zero steps to five overnight. Hopefully it is not these next three nightst that Kiel will be at Shelley's.
Next Monday we'll see if we made any progress.

No comments: