Pages

Monday, November 9, 2009

This Is It


I know, I know - we all have mixed feelings about this guy. But I think we can agree that he was weird, had a childhood that none of us envy and was uber talented. (I just wanted to use the word "uber" in a sentence.)

The death of Michael made me feel a little empty inside and I guess I could say my mom probably felt the same when Frank Sinatra died...she cried that day.

I don't know how to cope with the deaths of my childhood entertainers: Michael Jackson, Patrick Swayze and when Michael J Fox goes....I don't want to think about it.

So this weekend in honor of MJ - my friends: Beth, Monica and I saw the movie THIS IS IT, and oh man, that was IT.

We all cried, laughed, sang along to the songs (until the audience told us to shhhhh) and oooohed and awwwwed about the talent. Oh the talent! The singing, the dancing and the creative directing. One things for sure Beth and I would have sold Kiel's left foot to go see him live. And it would have been the best concert we ever went to.

I could just see us now, scrimping our pennies to buy tickets the day they went on sale and planning our outfits months in advanced. I probably would have worn a gold glitter jacket with an MJ t-shirt and Beth a MJ hat. We would have compiled all of his music on our i-pods and jammed the whole way there, while practicing our Thriller dance moves of course.

Then MJ would come out and perform, live, in front of us and we would have screamed our heads off and probably cried real tears of excitement and joy. Michael, oh it's really Michael! Afterwards we would be so shaky with adrenaline we would have to go somewhere to talk about all of the amazing dance moves but our voices would be gone so we would have to whisper. Beth's favorite part would have been Thriller, ooooh that was amazing I agree! But how can you like that better than BAD? Oh and Billie Jean, I loved when he performed Billie Jean. Oh Beth we loved it all, how can we choose?

But one things for sure we can now die happy that we went to the most amazing concert of our lives. No one will ever top that...no one.

Instead we took our dreams where we had to... the movie theaters and contemplated buying MJ t-shirts at Charlotte Russe for the event. Beth cried during the opening scene, Monica and I balled afterwards. We then went shopping at Nordi's to help us with our woes. It is amazing how a good pair of leather boots can make me feel better even after the tragedy of MJ.







(but they are really cute boots, don't you think?)




Is he gone? Is he really gone?

No Melissa, he will live forever.

Thanks for that, Monica.

And thanks girls for the wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Janel Ruzzi said...

They are indeed, really cute boots!