Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Girl trip!


Cambria and Katie in matching rompers


Palm springs is the perfect place for a girls trip! It's only an hour and half away, at least twenty degrees warmer and a perfect place to relax.

I'm lucky to be surrounded by friends that have more money than me, so I can enjoy there perks without paying the bill:) Four of us girls from my church stayed at Cambrias' parents condo in Palm Springs for the weekend.

We lounged by the pool:

Here I am stuffing my face


We ate wonderful food:As you can see baby # 2 is developing wonderfully. You might or might not recognize our friend at the end. If you are a fan of the show Criminal Minds, than you'll know AJ Cook or if you've seen Kiel's favorite movie Out Cold you would recognize her as well. Notice, I try and stay as far away from that beauty as possible but it still doesn't make a difference. She still out shines me from far away. They pretty much all do, don't I have gorgeous friends?

And of course it wouldn't be a girls weekend if we didn't shop at the outlets! Gap, J Crew, Levis, Saks, oh it was so nice!

Bruce and Kiel stayed at home enjoying the weekend without me around. Kiel let Bruce run around with out a shirt on the whole time, so now Bruce hates shirts (great.)

This was test to see if we could leave Bruce for a week next month and Bruce passed with flying colors. And I have to say, if you are a mom and have never done a girls weekend, it feels like you just got the best 2 hour massage of your life. I came back so relaxed and ready to tackle my mom duties than I ever have before. I highly recommend it.

Thanks hubbie, for holding down the fort and letting me spend some time and money on just me:) You are the best!

2 comments:

Reaching Our allen-ness said...

By far the most awesome pictures!!! Love this Blog and YOU Hang with AJ Cook! Complete awesomeness you are seriously my FAVORITE SISTER!

Melissa Christensen said...

Wow fav sister really!?! That's tough competition I feel so accomplished now.