Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

Update on "Preparing"

Well, we've made some progress since my last blog on this topic...

Nursery painted - check
Hospital tour - check
Pre-registered at Torrance Memorial - check
Child birth, breastfeeding and newborn classes - check
Mother completely uncomfortable - check

Major Accomplishments

Montana, is now sleeping in the living room instead of our bedroom. Last night was his third night in a row and he didn't even come in once in the middle of the night (major progress). My pregnancy hormones must be going crazy because emotionally I've been taking this very hard but Kiel assures me he is fine. This is a big accomplishment for us and will be a great help when the baby comes and I don't have to trip over a giant moose in the middle of the night to feed the baby.

Kiel painted the nursery!!! He did such a good job. He is a total perfectionist when it comes to projects like this, which I LOVE by the way. I taped off the walls and pointed out spots that needed to be re-done but the rest was up to my handy man husband who will now be the professional painter when we have our own house. Poor guy - I hate white walls.

Baby C had another ultra sound today and his estimated weight as of right now is 7lbs 10 ounces. He's in the 84th percentile and we are too far along to get a head circumference this time, but it's not looking good ;( Well, I shouldn't say that, things look great and baby is healthy. The doc said he'll be an estimated 9lbs when he's born and could be bigger since big babies grow faster than average. But I hear they are usually off. I'm hoping we will compromise and be no more than 8.

And for fun, my friends at work have been sending me pics of 9lbs newborns...frightening to say the least. This guy below is just hours old.

1 comment:

lisa c. said...

the colors look great! I wish I was more helpful and there to help him out. But you guys sound like you're getting settled and ready for the baby!