Pages

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Bridezilla


The other day I was reading random blogs, which is something I do randomly and came across a blog that was titled "21 Signs You're a Bridezilla" and since everyone in my wedding party plus my family has been referring to me as such, I continued to read. To my surprise, I hit a couple things on that list. Eek!

Thankfully, Kiel and I have only 2 weeks left till the big day! I am most excited about no longer being a "bride to be"and being able to be a wife. But then again the title "wife" is such a big title and a little scary. Anyway, since my "fiancee" title is almost over, here is a summary of my bridezilla moments!

1. Picking a wedding date - or should I say dates? After the 5th time of changing the date because we were trying to accomodate everyone, Kiel put his foot down and said no more! So, April 25th it was (and is).
2. Picking out a wedding gown - our engagement was pretty short according to the wedding dress time zone, so of course I panicked. I convinced my friend Beth to go to Utah with me to go wedding dress shopping, but during those two weeks before I went to Utah I managed to committ to buying a dress, cry my way out of it and then buy another. Oh, did I mention I never made it to Utah and Beth bought a plane ticket for nothing? But the good news is, I love my dress ;)
3. Wedding Planner - My wedding planner quit after the first month of being my wedding planner, she threw her hands up in the air and said she was done. She said it was because of my incessant calling, my need to get everyone's opinion involved (too many chiefs), and that she couldn't keep up with how fast my mind changes. Did I mention she's my sister? But luckily, although she doesn't call herself my wedding planner anymore, I've still managed to call her 5 times a day and she project manages ;-)
4. Location, Location, Location - Again I signed a contract and again my dad had to get out of it. I was able to find a place for the reception, lunch and ring ceremony 2 months before my wedding. Pretty lucky if you ask me, and not bridezilla like at all, they have their places picked out 10 years in advanced.
5. Flowers - All those who know me, know I have expensive taste. I don't mean to I think there's some kind of gravitational pull that I have not been able to avoid yet. So of course when searching for flowers, I unknownly choose ones from Iceland that are $20 a flower and my table arrangements were going to cost $2,000. Fran and Rick were able to pull some strings and get flowers that are similar and within my budget - yeah!
6. Invitations - After getting them all done and sent out (so beautiful) I jack it up by putting the wrong address on them. I had a major melt down on this one! Beth and Frances pulled through and made correction cards to be sent to everyone. I still cringe when I think about it.

The funny thing is, none of this will matter the day of - it will just be about Kiel and I and the committment we make to each other on that special day - oh and like everyone else has been saying - the wedding pictures!
Oh and ps, I really do have the best fiancee, ever! He has been so supportive through this whole thing and is the reason I am still sane (some will argue that I'm crazy, but while it's my blog I'll describe myself how I want). Thanks for the hugs babe ;)

No comments: