Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

It's The Little Things...



Lately my heart has been overwhelmed with love for family, friends and just life in general. I have now reached the age where most of my friends and ALL of my sisters are married and starting or have their very own families. I find their stories of life and love endearing and just wanted to share the little things I noticed about them and their relationships that demonstrate the love that they have for each other...


I know Mike loves Frannie because he never lets her carry heavy things and he knows that whenever she goes out to eat, if there is French dip on the menu she will order it ;-)
I know Frannie loves Mike because she gets off the phone with me the moment he comes home so she can give him a hug and kiss and talk about his day.
I know Frannie loves Ashton because she called me today hysterical, to let me know that Ashton had just chipped his tooth ;-(

I know Casey loves Katie because he shares his bed every night, even though she snores.
I know Katie loves Casey because after four years of marriage, she still looks at him like he's the hottest man alive.
I know Katie loves Gerry because she plays cars, over and over and over again.

I know my Dad loves Karen because he built a home in Montana and let her decorate.
I know Karen loves my Dad because she didn't kill him when he built his home in Montana ;-) It's been said, that remodels are extremely stressful on relationships.
I know that my Dad loves his daughters because he's there in a moments notice when we need something fixed.
I know that Karen loves me because she gives me lots of food so I don't have to go to the grocery store for an entire week whenever I come for a visit ;-)

I know that my mom and George love me because they took care of my dog while I worked.

I know that my grandma loved my grandpa Chambers because she missed him everyday, since the day of his death, til the day she died.
and I know that my grandpa loved my grandma because he told her so...

Overall, it's the little things that make you feel REALLY special.

I love you all...Melissa


After posting my blog I witnessed another demonstration of love...my Grandma Janet struggling for 10 minutes trying to put socks on my Grandpa Steve who is recovering from Knee replacement surgery. I just HAD to take a picture.







3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I heart you! :)

Reaching Our allen-ness said...

I love you With all my heart :)

Jenni said...

And so it begins.....post number 1. And I will leave a comment on Every. Single. Post. because I am stalker like that.
I loved this post. What a sweet tribute to your family.