Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Winter Mornings

I love these winter days. They are just so cozy. This is Bruce and Rhyan's first official winter and our first winter in four years. I can't lie, I have been really cold and snuggled in blankets and jackets and scarves for most of it but I still like it.

Rhyan has been extra snuggly this morning and both kids wanted to get in our covers while they watched Dora the Explorer and I caught up with the outside world via cell phone. Since then we have done breakfast, danced to buzz lightyear and straightened up the house. Rhyan has given me fifteen hugs and kisses and twenty snuggles. I love it when she's like this. I call her my Angel Girl because she is so sweet.

Bruce decided I needed to wear earrings today. He went to my jewelry box and picked out the biggest clunkiest pair I own and told me to put them in my ears. So of course I obeyed and I've been wearing them all morning. I tried to take them out once and was promptly told to put them back in so I did. He also told me I look pretty with them on, so I guess I'll wear them all day. Rhyan decided she needed a flower in her hair, first thing, so that's what we did. She's cried twice because Bruce thought it would be funny if he took it out of her hair.

Kids are just wonderful. And I love these little wonderful moments that I get to experience each day that are more often than not, taken for granted. I love the kisses, hugs and their quirky personalities. I love that Bruce needs MILK first thing when he wakes up before you can say the words "good morning." I love that Rhyan wakes up so happy, with a bright smile, ready to conquer the day. I love snuggling on the couch while we watch nick jr. and then hearing them yell when I say, "all done, no more t.v. until nap time." I love the diapers, getting them dressed and hearing them play together. I feel so blessed to be their mother and thankful for my time here on Earth. Life is too short, enjoy it while you can!


No comments: