Pages

Friday, December 14, 2012

Merry Christmas!

So now is the time of year where I review what we did and set goals for next year. I just-can't-believe-it-is-here! Am I really writing a year review? Seriously, where has the year gone?

I quickly looked through past posts and in January I posted pictures of houses in the bay area that were in this little town called Brentwood. Fast forward four months later and we purchased one of those homes.
April through October Kiel slept on his cousin Amy's couch in L.A. while I spread out on our giant California King at our new home. We missed him terribly and kept very busy. I took the kids camping for their first time, we saw Nana and Papa in Oregon and did a lot of day trips! Kiel would see us once a month and in August he spent six weeks with us and then went back for four more weeks until he came home for good!

2 years
2 and half years
In May we celebrated Bruce's second birthday at our new home. I can't believe how much he has changed. Two is sooo much younger than two and a half. He even looks a lot younger. Where did the baby fat go? Bruce talks so much and is using his imagination. His favorite color is yellow and right now his favorite movie is The Polar Express. That can change monthly though. Bruce is very social and loves having play dates with other kids. The older you are the more he admires you! He continues to bless our lives daily and there isn't a day that goes by that we are so grateful for the opportunity to be his Earthly parents.



In August Rhyan turned one! We had a party for her at our house too! Rhyan started walking at 13 months and hasn't slowed down since! She now runs, especially for food and also for revenge ;) She can now hold her own when brother tries to take a toy and her special defense weapon is her teeth...Eeek! This does not make things fun for me. Rhyan is genuinely a happy girl but when she's not she makes it well known. Ear piercing scream anyone? Rhyan loves to snuggle and is not shy of strangers. She likes to be held, read to, sung to and rocked. Her favorite song is twinkle little star and she can do the hand movements. Her favorite place is OUTSIDE, unfortunately our kids have become very independent lately since they have each other and have no problem opening the front door to play out front. Luckily I have a latch on the top and am thankful for the reminder I got a few weeks ago to ALWAYS have it locked! Rhyan is in the 97th percentile for height, weight and head circumference. We're so grateful that she is a healthy and well adjusted 16 month old. She is so generous with her kisses and her hugs, I could hold this girl all day if Bruce would let me!

Kiel moved back in October and it was like we never lived apart. The kids got back into their original routine and love having their daddy back home. Kiel commutes to work with a few friends that also live in Brentwood. Kiel likes his office in Dublin and enjoys the people he works with. He also likes the people he pulls over a lot better as well. Kiel works really hard for his family and we are so grateful for him. While he's not at work he's been helping me do projects around the house and enjoying family time. Kiel also likes to go shooting and is looking forward to future hunting trips.

In October I also celebrated my 32nd birthday with some girlfriends in Napa. It was a much needed break after mothering the kids without my husband for four weeks. Single motherhood is no joke and I realize I was never technically single during this transition I did and do have an overwhelming appreciation for my husband and even greater appreciation when he is by my side. Simply put, he makes me a better mother or rather allows me to be.

In November we had Kiel's sisters Lisa and Shelley (including her tribe) my mom and of course George down and up for Thanksgiving. Bruce had so much fun playing with his cousins and I had fun hosting thirty people for my very first Thanksgiving dinner. And of course I have no pictures to share. Always.happens.at.every.event.I.host. (Can I get a big boohoo?) Anyway after Thanksgiving dinner was done I got ready for my big black "Friday" shopping. I left the house at 6:30pm and didn't get back until 6am the next day! I went with my mom and Frances. We had a ton of fun, will never do Walmart again and Home Depot, as long as you have $.99 cent poinsettias I will always be a black friday customer! Here I am after two hours at walmart waiting in line for my $99.00 T.V. I was so tired of standing I climbed into my shopping cart and my nice mother pushed me the whole way. Two hours later we were finally out of there! Oh it was Awful! But home depot made it all worth it and we did get our t.v.!

December is going just as fast as it has come this year. We decorated the house the day after Thanksgiving and are excited for Christmas to come. As we reflect this time of year we are grateful for our Savior, Jesus Christ and His sacrifice that we may have eternal life. We are grateful for our children and the blessings they bring to our lives. We are grateful for each other and our commitment to each other. We wish you all a Merry Christmas and many blessings in the new year!



No comments: