Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2012

It was a sad day...

It's been almost a month since our dog, Montana, passed away and we are still mourning his loss. It's really hard for me to talk about but I don't feel right leaving this experience out of our family journal. He was just as much as part of this family as anyone else and we were so happy to finally have a place big enough for him.

Montana was a GREAT dog. He was well trained, friendly with everyone, great with kids and protective of his mama (that's me.) I had him since he was 8 weeks old and raised him like he was my first baby. There are too many stories to tell, but he was loved and remembered by many.

On June 10th we put Montana out of his misery as he had a cancerous tumor on his heart and was unable to move.

We were so blessed to be loved by a dog like him. Dogs are such wonderful animals, they love you regardless of your faults and stand by your side no matter what. I remember times when I was at my worst and overwhelmed with just having a baby and Montana would let me yell at him. He would sulk and then lick my hand to let me know he still loved me. He was there through everything, always loyal.

We will always remember you sweet boy!

May 17th 2003 - June 10th 2012

No comments: