Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

6 month checkup, Bruce went too and quick trip



Rhyan turned 6 months recently. We celebrated by letting her almost freeze to death while mommy begged for her to smile in her 6 month photo shoot. We continued the celebration with a checkup and 2 shots.

Rhyan is 28inches long and 17 lbs 9 oz. She is 100th percentile for height and 75th percentile in weight. She is only 6 inches shorter than Bruce. Rhyan is already outgrowing her infant car seat. Bruce stayed in that same car seat until he was 14 months old. I hope she at least lasts until she turns one.

She is also right on schedule with her milestones; she tranfers objects from one hand to the other, grabs everything, sits up, rolls over and discovered her feet. She also just started eating solid foods.

Bruce also went in to get another shot. He only gets one shot at a time so usually when Rhyan goes in so does Bruce. He was a good boy. He weighs 30lbs. They both go in for a 9 month and 2 year check up in May.


We brought the jumper out of storage because we thought Rhyan would enjoy it like Bruce did when he was that age. Turns out, he hasn't yet out grown it. I know I shouldn't let him in there. But come on, do you really expect me to pass up an opportunity to keep a 20 month old contained in one spot for about 10 minutes? Yeah, I didn't think so either. Hop away Bruce!
The other day I went upstairs to put Rhyan down for a nap and during the two minutes I was gone Bruce managed to strip down and open the sliding door a little bit...

How he got that sliding door open just that tiny bit I still don't know. He is getting so strong. He can carry a gallon of milk! And apparently strip down to absolutely nothing in two minutes. I guess sun bathing was on his mind!


He absolutely loves his little sister...maybe a tad bit too much...
This weekend we flew on an airplane with Aunt Lisa to see baby Sophie get blessed. Flying with two kids is a lot of work and definitely not something I could do by myself so we were very grateful that Aunt Lisa drove from San Diego to our house and flew out of long beach airport.
Opa offered to hold Rhyan to help put her asleep. I said sure and slipped the udder cover over him too, I guess he didn't realize it was a packaged deal ;) Rhyan can sleep anywhere as long as her face is covered. But Opa was a good sport and didn't even complain when I touched his hair!

I spent all day Saturday checking out houses. I think I looked at about 16. More about that later.

No comments: