Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Monday menu day...

Have you heard of the blog This week for dinner? This week for dinner; and they give you their weekly menu. The comment section is full of other weekly menus as well.

Anyway, I'm posting my own menu here. My goal is to feed my family for under $100 a week. This weeks menu cost $87.13. But if you don't have a well stocked pantry it could cost you more. I had most spices except corn starch. Here it is, each title links to a recipe.

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

  • Vegetarian Spaghetti - I try to make a vegetarian meal once a week. This is one I made up. Substitute portabella mushrooms as the meat (if you don't like mushrooms, eggplant is a great substitute as well.
  • 1 yellow onion, minced garlic - saute in olive oil until translucent add more olive oil in pan, add 3 chopped portabella mushrooms, salt and pepper and basil. Saute and poor 1 can crushed tomatoes in pan or 1 jar of spaghetti sauce. Done! Serve with green salad.

Saturday and Sunday - I'm out of town this weekend but we usually eat leftovers on Sunday and sometimes on Saturday. Along with serving one vegetarian meal a week I also try and serve fish. Saturday would be our fish day.

The total cost, $87.13 also included snacks and lunch items so the above menu should be cheaper than that. Enjoy!

No comments: